14 timer (vanligvis 2 dag inkludert pauser)
- Experience with Python Programming.
- Experience with the Linux command line.
Apache Beam is an open source, unified programming model for defining and executing parallel data processing pipelines. It's power lies in its ability to run both batch and streaming pipelines, with execution being carried out by one of Beam's supported distributed processing back-ends: Apache Apex, Apache Flink, Apache Spark, and Google Cloud Dataflow. Apache Beam is useful for ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) tasks such as moving data between different storage media and data sources, transforming data into a more desirable format, and loading data onto a new system.
In this instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote), participants will learn how to implement the Apache Beam SDKs in a Java or Python application that defines a data processing pipeline for decomposing a big data set into smaller chunks for independent, parallel processing.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Apache Beam.
- Use a single programming model to carry out both batch and stream processing from withing their Java or Python application.
- Execute pipelines across multiple environments.
Format of the Course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- This course will be available Scala in the future. Please contact us to arrange.
- Apache Beam vs MapReduce, Spark Streaming, Kafka Streaming, Storm and Flink
Installing and Configuring Apache Beam
Overview of Apache Beam Features and Architecture
- Beam Model, SDKs, Beam Pipeline Runners
- Distributed processing back-ends
Understanding the Apache Beam Programming Model
- How a pipeline is executed
Running a sample pipeline
- Preparing a WordCount pipeline
- Executing the Pipeline locally
Designing a Pipeline
- Planning the structure, choosing the transforms, and determining the input and output methods
Creating the Pipeline
- Writing the driver program and defining the pipeline
- Using Apache Beam classes
- Data sets, transforms, I/O, data encoding, etc.
Executing the Pipeline
- Executing the pipeline locally, on remote machines, and on a public cloud
- Choosing a runner
- Runner-specific configurations
Testing and Debugging Apache Beam
- Using type hints to emulate static typing
- Managing Python Pipeline Dependencies
Processing Bounded and Unbounded Datasets
- Windowing and Triggers
Making Your Pipelines Reusable and Maintainable
Create New Data Sources and Sinks
- Apache Beam Source and Sink API
Integrating Apache Beam with other Big Data Systems
- Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka
Summary and Conclusion
Gjenkalling / gjennomgang av tastene av emnene som er diskutert.
Paolo Angelo Gaton - SMS Global Technologies Inc.
Kurs:Building Stream Processing Applications with Kafka Streams
Laboratoriet øvelser. Bruke teorien fra første dag i påfølgende dager.
Kurs:A Practical Introduction to Stream Processing